1. Shared Values and Orientation/Strategy
GANTNER cooperates with suppliers who share our values, orientation and strategies. We put great emphasis on choosing suppliers willing to cooperate closely with GANTNER in order to establish long-lasting partnerships.
We expect our suppliers to be highly committed to technology and innovation, i.e. we are looking for suppliers being the technological leaders in their field, offering technologies guaranteeing process capability. Our suppliers shall ensure complete component and process traceability.
3. Development and Efficiency
GANTNER expects a fast, structured and secured product launch (for existing and new products alike) to meet the objectives with respect to quality, costs, environment and deadlines. Our suppliers should respond flexibly to our needs and act customer-oriented.
Our suppliers are asked to actively participate in the manufacturing process and guarantee competitive pricing through continuous cost structure improvements and increased efficiency.
4. Quality and Environment
GANTNER stands for products and services of the highest quality, which is why we request that our suppliers implement quality and environmental management systems that are at least compliant to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.Our suppliers know our quality and environmental policy and can identify with it.
5. Occupational Health and Safety
GANTNER expects verification from all our suppliers that an occupational health and safety management system is implemented, or at a minimum, a written statement outlining a health and safety policy.
Our suppliers know our health and safety policy statement and can identify with it.
6. Ethics and Labor Law
GANTNER stands for honest and legally compliant business practices. This is also expected of our suppliers, particularly in relation to ethical as well as social standards, occupational safety, and employee rights. The basis for cooperation is the respect and compliance of international standards and initiatives, such as Global Compact (GC), International Labor Standards (ILO), and other applicable (international / local) laws and regulations.
The supplier declares herewith to agree with the following social aspects:
- To promote equal opportunities and the equal treatment of employees irrespective of skin color, race, nationality, social background, disabilities, sexual orientation, political or religious conviction, gender, or age.
- To respect the personal dignity, privacy, and rights of each individual.
- To refuse to employ or make anyone work against his will.
- To refuse to tolerate any unacceptable treatment of employees, such as mental hardship, sexual harassment, or discrimination.
- To prohibit behavior including gestures, language, and physical contact that is sexual, coercive, threatening, abusive or exploitative.
- To meet the minimum standards regarding child labor and the protection of minors.
7. Business Interruption Risk
We expect our suppliers to be able to document the company’s financial health and the existence of a functioning risk management, thus providing the highest level of supply reliability
8. Logistics / Stock
Customer satisfaction is our ultimate goal. Delivery punctuality is an important part of it. GANTNER thus expects its suppliers, who generally are given framework agreements, to keep components and raw materials on stock and available (according to our classification).
We strive for long-term cooperative partnerships with our suppliers, based on contracts to this effect.
Quality and productivity targets shall be outlined in these contracts. We shall continuously inform our suppliers as to the extent to which goals have been achieved.