Environmental and Quality Policy
Our corporate philosophy can be divided up into five strategic objectives, with which we demonstrate our capability and competence.
1. The key element in all of our activities is customer focus. Our performance is gauged by the specific benefit to the customer (product and service quality and delivery dependability). Collaborative partnerships with our customers are of fundamental importance in gearing the company towards the future.
2. The infrastructure in place within the company provides a solid platform for the implementation of a successful quality policy. The focal point of our efforts to achieve quality is the employee. His accountability for and commitment to the quality of his work results are encouraged. An important concern is the systematic creation of awareness of the quality concept throughout all company divisions with the aim of continuously improving our performance for the benefit of our customers as well.
3. The costs incurred inside and outside the company have a direct bearing on our competitive capability and profit. Commercial best practice is therefore a fundamental requirement for our long-term success on the market. As a fundamental principle, it is economically viable to maintain the prescribed level of quality, whereas lack of quality incurs unnecessary costs.
4. As a manufacturing company, we are reliant on close contact and collaborative relationships with our suppliers and partners. We nurture this relationship with particular care.
5. As well as meeting customer requirements, we have accepted responsibility for our environment and the safety of our employees. Our aim is to combine the maximum benefit to customers and employees alike. The health of our employees is important to us, and therefore optimum health and safety at work is a key consideration.
We, the Board of Directors and employees, undertake to regard the quality policy and its objectives as a joint quality requirement, and to gear all activities within the company towards the fulfilment of this requirement.
The board of directors
Mag. Elmar Hartmann
The safeguarding of our natural environment and the livelihood of future generations, job security and continuous improvement in working conditions are matters of particular concern to Gantner. Our company is committed to active environmental protection. Employees at all levels are working to achieve a common set of associated objectives. We are convinced that an active environmental policy will help to strengthen our commercial position. Our aim is to minimise the long-term impact of our activities by continuously improving our management system.
Environmental policy objectives
Compliance with environmental legislation is a matter of course for us. In addition, we are continuously reducing the environmental impact of our manufacturing processes and products from planning through to disposal.
Raw materials, energy, water and other goods are used in the most economical and targeted ways possible.
The environmental awareness of our employees in matters of environmental protection is promoted and encouraged through training and regular provision of information.
We collaborate openly with our contractual partners and the authorities in all environmental matters. In the case of environmentally critical activities and processes which are unavoidable in accordance with the state of the art, emergency plans have been drawn up and the necessary organisational and technical measures have been implemented to avoid accident-related release of materials or energy. Precautions have been taken to ensure that contractual partners working on the company site apply the same environmental criteria as our company.
In the case of new investments, the best available technology is selected in accordance with Gartner’s procurement criteria. The efficacy of our environmental policy and environmental management system is continuously guaranteed and is monitored through regular internal and external testing.
Definition of objectives and individual targets
Measurable environment-specific objectives and individual targets are defined and documented and cascaded down to departmental level.
The environmental targets are compatible with the environmental policy and include the obligation to avoid environmental pollution and continuously improve environmental protection within the company.
The board of directors
Mag. Elmar Hartmann