The GANTNER electronic locking technology has many applications. Learn more to make strong, informed dicisions about your locker management.
Why Choose an RFID Lock?
RFID, or radio frequency identification, allows for convenient, contactless identification of a so-called tag by a reader. If you are using a passive tag, the electronic current from the reader powers the tag, when the two get in close contact. This way the reader can authenticate the tag automatically. An active tag, on the other hand, has its own source of power. It can be used at a range of up to ten meters or 33 feet. Opening cabinet locks is made safe and simple with an RFID card. Because RFID tags are very small, they can be built into any casing that is convenient to you – be it an employee card, a wristband for costumers or a key fob. You have full control over how your electronic lockers can be used:
- Personal lockers only open with specific identification
- Communal lockers close for anyone with the needed authentication, but only open for the specific tag that closed the lock
- Time restricted locking opens lockers after hours so forgotten contents don’t block others from using your facilities
In contrast to padlocks or door locks with keys RFID locks don’t jam after long use. Even if the casing gets dirty the RFID lock will still perform without fail. GANTNER electronic locks are built to last: However long you use your lockers, the RFID lock and card or token for each locker will do its job of keeping belongings safe.
Why Choose an NFC Lock?
NFC, or near field communication, is a part of RFID technology. Whereas in RFID the reader only takes information from the tag, NFC enables both devices to communicate. The tag itself can also write and store information. This is especially useful when you want to combine your electronic lock system with a POS system or time recording system. With NFC you can open up new areas of monetization:
- Locker rental with exact time recording
- Cashless payment at vending machines or snack stations
- Self-service at shower facilities, sunbeds or corporate health facilities
- Booking conference rooms or borrowing books can be as easy as clicking a button on your website
The user information is stored on the specific NFC tag. GANTNER also provides the smart locker software to smoothly link your online services with your electronic lock, cashless payment or time management solution. You can efficiently grant different access levels to visitors, employees, students or maintenance staff.